Friday, July 27, 2007

It has been a while

Last week I was home with my family. It was a blast. The time home is never long enough. Every moment was filled with one activity or another, and the few other moments were filled with much talking. Thursday night we drove over to Arkansas and spent the night at my grandma’s house. Early Friday we drove up to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO. We had a great time there. Getting totally soaked, sitting inside at two of the shows, flying across the tracks of several roller coasters, or walking from one end to the other. We spent the whole day laughing, waiting in lines, and then doing that all over again, then we headed back home. On the way home Elizabeth and I were the only ones awake. The drive went quickly because we were having a great time talking.

Saturday we worked over at Dad’s new office building. We spent the all day cutting up the trees they had knocked over with the backhoe. It was a lot of fun. I ran the saw most of the day. For dinner we all went out to Ricardo’s, a Mexican restaurant that we all love eating at. It was good as always.

Sunday afternoon I drove back and starched all my uniforms and Ironed one set for Monday. Monday thru Thursday I took the First-Aid class with Quest for my re-certification for my CPR and First-Aid. The class was good but there wasn’t a lot of new stuff on the first-aid side. However, on the CPR they had changed several things in the three years since I got my last certification. On the CPR test I missed one question then I aced the First-Aid test. Corporal Kordik bought the four of us that aced the test all a Sobe. He is such a cool instructor.

This morning about 5:30am Bryce Reckner, Lyndsae, and Rowdy Lax came in. Bryce and Rowdy are staying in my room, so I am sure this will be a great weekend.

No comments: