Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Isaiah 61

"I will GREATLY rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my GOD; for HE hath covered me with the robe of righteousness..." Verse 10 I will rejoice when? All the time, Feel like it or not! Why Because HE has instructed me to. But not just that. My obedience to God should not just come because HE said so. But, Because HE FIRST loved me. Because of my love and dependence on HIS mercy on me, ("We love because HE FIRST loved us". I John 4:19). So because of His love being in me can I truly say, "The Spirit of the LORD GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; HE hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captive, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound." Verse 1. As a born again son of God I HAVE the Spirit of GOD upon me. "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit shall come upon you..." Acts 1:8a At the MOMENT of SALVATION. "And YOU shall be my witnesses to Judea, and Samaria, and to the UTERMOST ends of the earth." Acts 1:8b. So what keeps me from BOLDY proclaiming the "good tidings"? For HE has sent me!

I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? "The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. I Corinthians 15:50-58

So NOW I LIVE in ANTICIPATION of HIS coming. I WILL Preach the good tidings! I WILL live my life in honor to HIM.


No comments: