Thursday, March 4, 2010

He is LORD!

Just a few random jumblings of my thoughts this morning from my devotions, and a view from our house a few weeks ago...

Psalms 67

1God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.

2That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.

3Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

4O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

5Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

6Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

7God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

Yesterday was Good News Club. At club in the past few weeks it has been so neat to see the kids singing their hearts out to the Lord. Most of the kids truly praise him and love coming to "church". At least that is what they call it. For most Good News Club is the closest they have ever come to a church, especially with any regularity. Yesterday the kids were much more behaved and listened a lot better. We instituted a few new rules to minimize distractions and it has payed off wonderfully. My mom is great with coming up to solutions to those kinds of things. Maybe that comes from teaching prior to her meeting dad? :)

Proverbs 4:18

But the path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

How is your light? I know my needs some brightening up. I am learning to not allow it to be controlled by my attitude or circumstances, but by the love of God in my heart.

Isaiah 52:12

For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight:for the LORD will do before you; and the God of Israel will be your reward.

I like to make decisions quick and then get busy. But wait.... What? Self Control? You mean I need to be calm and collected? Hmm I guess this comes in line with the verse, "wisdom and wise counselors make war"! Well, I am making war on complacency in my life. I am making war on the lens of my light and cleaning it. I am looking in the mirror and cleaning it so I can see the imperfections in my reflection and remove them. I WILL stand my guard and stay the mission! I will OVERCOME!



No comments: