Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Status Quo

This Sunday I was specifically impacted by the message at church. The Message was titled, "Is This It? One of the points Eric brought out was, "Do I love myself to much"? Do I love my own comfort? Pleasure? Easy life? Fun Friends? My time is a pretty good indicator of what I love. But how do I know what is appropriate? Do I look at what everyone else is doing? Do I measure it by the actions of the church? Absolutely not. I must lay aside EVERY encumbrance and press on to the goal. We have to step out of the "norm", away from what we are comfortable with, and go against the status quo. The only measuring stick is God's Word. Eric shared the audio of the following song with us. Take a listen and contemplate the message.

So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was 
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave
Brave, brave



Eric's Message: .mp3, notes, & slides

No comments: