Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ramblings

Yeasterday was a busy day in the office spent in planning meetings, uncovering my desk after being gone for two and a half weeks, and just catching up on things. Overall it was a productive day but it went way to fast. After dinner I went and helped Dan and Capt. Herring set up one of the old green GPM2 tents. That thing must have weighed a thousand pounds. They is some church youth group that is coming in here next week and they are using two of them for commandpost. Their theme is a military type of some sorts. Since everyone is gone on furlogh I am helping with the lawn care so I was weedeating around the rappelling tower and obsticle course. Then as I was heading over to weedeat around the dorms it started raining so that effectivelly stopped that for the evening. After getting cleaned up I played Jumppin, a two person stratigy game with Kevin Cahill for a while. It was pretty good. afterwords I pollished my dress shoes and went to bed.

This morning I was reading in John 16. Verse 33 really seemed to jump out at me. It says, "These things I have spoken to you that you, so that in me you can have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." Even among all the busyness of travelling and work God is our peace. When it seems that everything is going a hundred miles and hour God will still be that same peacful strong tower that I can run to. Thank you God for sending your Son to make a way for us to know you and for providing us with the security of knowing that in busy times we can turn to you.

No comments: