Monday, September 20, 2010

The REST of the Story....

People love to quote II Chronicles 7:14 in relation to the direction and Godlessness of our nation. That is just one verse plucked out of 66 God breathed books. If we read a little further we find the following. 
"But if you turn aside and forsake my statutes and my commandments that I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them, 20 then I will pluck you up from my land that I have given you, and this house that I have consecrated for my name, I will cast out of my sight, and I will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 21And at this house, which was exalted, everyone passing by will be astonished and say, 'Why has the LORD done thus to this land and to this house?' 22Then they will say, 'Because they abandoned the LORD, the God of their fathers..." II Chronicles 7:19-22
While this is a grim thought that does not mean we should throw up our arms in defeat and NOT prayer. This should give us a greater passion and desire TO pray FERVENTLY for the direction our country is headed, for it's leaders, church's, and so called "Christians". 

No comments: