Sunday, November 8, 2009

Does God ever take YOUR breath away?

As I was reading the last few pages of a great book last night I read these words, "Does God ever take YOUR breath away?" I thought to myself, Yes, He does, But I am so busy with "stuff" most of the time that I do not take the time to recognize His beauty. In the past two weeks God has taken my breath away through a series of spectacular and amazing sunrises and sunsets. Over the course of the past two weeks every day that it was not raining God's hand has been gently, yet powerfully proclaimed the wonder of Himself across the skies! I am reminded of the following song which so clearly proclaims the wonder and awe of our FATHER.

Every time this week I have not had my camera with me. You would think that after two times I would remember. Well, even this morning as I was walking out of my room I saw my camera, and I thought to myself, "Maybe I should grab that". I didn't. And this am there was an even more spectacular sunrise that I was not even able to capture on my phone. :(



Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!

Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!

"All Thy works shall praise Thy NAME" I am constantly amazed by the works of our God. He is truly amazing and His power is a perfect reminder to me that my focus MUST stay on Him in EVERYTHING I do. EVERYTHING!

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14 Not in my own strength but in HIS strength but through me allowing God to work in and through my heart and life. "
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13


Come People of the risen King,
Who delight to bring Him praise;

Come all and tune your hearts to sing

To the Morning Star of grace
From the shifting shadows of the earth
We will lift our eyes to Him,

Where steady arms of mercy reach

To gather children in.


Rejoice, Rejoice!

Let every tongue rejoice!
One heart, one voice;
O Church of Christ, rejoice!


Come, those whose joy is morning sun,

And those weeping through the night;

Come, those who tell of battles won,
And those struggling in the fight.

For His perfect love will never change,

And His mercies never cease,
But follow us through all our days
With the certain hope of peace.


Come, young and old from every land -

Men and women of the faith;

Come, those with full or empty hands -

Over all the world, His people sing

Shore to shore we hear them call

The truth that cries through every age:
"Our God is all in all"!

1 comment:

Drawn 2 Thee said...

Wow so true thought of that a lot lately!